Thursday, October 16, 2008

In the Hope Chest - Pink Friday

Today is Pink Friday! Each Friday we join the boutiques at Make Mine Pink to offer a unique themed shopping event. This week's theme is:

IN THE HOPE CHEST

Joyce Lucas, the founder of Make Mine Pink: "I remember when I was a child, the mystery surrounding a hope chest was almost more than I could bear. I didn't even understand the concept, but knew it was something special and I wanted one of my own some day. Every year my older sister received something for Christmas "for your hope chest." As the years passed, I started to understand that the meaning of owning a "Hope Chest" was different for everyone. For some it was planning for a special wedding day that was sure to come, others used it to store heirloom linens and treasures passed down from generations, and yet for some, it held sad memories of dreams never realized. If you've been lucky enough to have a hope chest or perhaps had a glimpse into someone's, you'll find that no matter the purpose, each "Hope Chest" tells a story. What's yours?"

Here at The Quilt Shoppe we've selected six collections that remind us of days gone by, one baby collection and five gorgeous florals. We've marked them all 25% off.

Click on the Hope Chest picture above to visit our Pink Friday Specials page. To visit the other boutiques offering themed specials this week visit Make Mine Pink.

Also on sale this week are all our charm packs & layer cakes, jelly rolls, bundles and patterns. Don't forget, proceeds from October purchases go toward Susan G. Komen for a Cure.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fun shop- I love fabric. In fact, I am an addict! I really love the fabrics that look vintage. So reminiscent of yesteryear!