Thursday, April 16, 2009

What are you working on?

(note:  read all the way to the bottom for a special note!)

This evening I had a chance to sit down and work on a BOM that I am making.  It’s the Mystery Designer BOM from Fat Quarter Shop and uses 3 Sisters Peace on Earth collection.  I received Block 11 yesterday and wanted to hurry up and get it done.  I have been known to procrastinate with these things (hence why I still only have two of 12 blocks done of each of the first two Patchwork Party’s!)  But I’m on top of this one!  I’ve already sashed and put together the first 9 blocks.  In one more month I’ll be ready to send it to my favorite quilter, Darla at Wildflower Quilting in Livermore, CA.

Designer Mystery Block 11Block 11

 Designer Mystery BOM
Nine is Fine!

Since I’m having so much fun with this, I thought it would be a great opportunity to find out what all our friends are doing, too!   And, to make this a little sweeter, we’ll have a giveaway with it. 

Here’s what you need to do:
*  Send an email to
info@thequiltshoppe.net subject “I’m Working On …”
    by Friday, April 24
*  Give us your name and the city and state where you are from
*  Tell us a little bit about your project including the fabrics you are using 
*  Send a picture or two

Your project doesn’t have to be completed … you can show us your work in progress.  If all you’ve done is cut it all out – send a picture of the cut up pieces and a pic of the pattern.  Wherever you are in the process, share!  If it’s all done, that’s awesome :)  Oh – I almost forgot – it doesn’t have to be a quilt.  It can be a dress, or an apron, a pin cushion, a braided rug, kids clothes, basically anything that uses fabric.

Throughout the week we’ll add your pictures to our blog for everyone to see!  You’ll be famous :)  Then on Saturday, April 25 we’ll pick two random names to win your choice of a turnover or a honey bun from either the Crazy 8 or Frosted Memories collection.  (It really will be random – we’ll put your names in a basket and pick two.)

That’s it – easy as pie!  We can’t wait to see your creations :)


                 Keeping you “In Stitches” …

                                                         Lani

 

No comments: