Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wip Wednesday … March Edition

Thank you for your entries!  Your projects are beautiful and we can’t wait to see them finished.

Thearica B. from Henderson, NC
Blog: 
www.pigtalesandquilts.com

I am making this quilt for my grandson. I saw this in a quilt shop in Raleigh, NC and fell in love with it.  I added the 2 final borders to get the length that I wanted.

 

Milarie R from Sheridan, IL

I just finished this lap-size quilt top made with Lake House Dry Goods fabric, mainly from the "Rose Garden" line, plus a few others from the same company. The center square is a Portuguese Water Dog and it is surrounded by pieced squares, plain squares and 4 corner squares that have an appliqued heart that I added, by hand, with a blanket stitch. After it is machine quilted, I will donate it to the Steel City Kennel Club to be given to the dog that wins Best of Breed in the Portuguese Water Dog class. I hope the winner will enjoy the quilt.

 

Tammy W, Woodland, CA
Blog: 
www.thestamperscottage.blogspot.com

I bought a bunch of fat quarters at a sale in Sacramento.  After buying them I couldn’t resist the pinks and decided to make a quilt for my granddaughter.  She is 7 nd a real girly girl.  These colors are perfect for her!

 

Helena G. V., Brasilia, Brazil
Blog:  www.quiltsareforever.blogspot.com.

This will be a quilt for my seven-year-old daughter. This pattern is called bento box and it's one of my favorites. It's all made with Brazilian fabrics: white, red, blue and green. I love solid colors.

Thanks for the opportunity of showing people's work on your blog. I am a blogger too:


Sandie from Washington
Blog:  www.crazyboutquilts.blogspot.com

Here in WA I am working on blocks that I am exchanging with a friend. (Bingo~Bonnie of http://bingobonnie.blogspot.com/)  We are using the My Blue Heaven pattern from Quilter's Cache~ (http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MyBlueHeavenBlock.html) and using scrappy fabrics and blues.  We did resize the blocks. ;-)
I have 32 blocks to get done... I'll be sending 16 to Bonnie. :-)
Thanks for the fun w.i.p.wednesday post!

 

Leigh in Mesa, AZ
Blog: 
www.lemonscrafts.blogspot.com

I have been working on a 3" block quilt for the past year. I purchased the fabric in Mozambique, Africa. Once finished, this queen size quilt will have a block pattern of Africa on the front and horizontal stripes on the back.

  

Wendy from Florence, MT

I'm working on a wall hanging, called Sunday Squares by Charlie Scott.  I found the pattern at the Moda Bake Shop. I'm using the Benartex line of Garden Song by Nancy Halvorsen.  Definitely a work in progress :).

 

Pam L aka “Mama Spark,” from Canton, MI
Blog: 
www.mamaspark.blogspot.com

I love this feature of your shoppe!  I have been working on a red and blue string quilt for a soldier wounded in Afghanistan.  He is a friend of our family and was recently awarded the purple heart for his bravery.
It is almost finished.  I had bloggers from all around the country make blocks for this quilt and include a note for Matt to be put into a journal for him.  My DF Pauline has been helping me with this and when it is finished we will be making a second one for a soldier friend of hers.

 

Betty Jo G. from Coeur d’Alene, ID

My Cousin sent me this "Montana Modern" Kit for Christmas and I am enjoying putting it together.

 

Deb G., Shenondoah Valley, VA
Blog: 
www.girottifamily.typepad.com

1st and 2nd pictures of pinwheels:  These are the first 2 patterns for the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt-Along over at p.s.i quilt blog. I'm using a Verna layer cake by Kate Spain.

3rd picture: This block is the first pattern of the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt-Along over at Moose on the Porch Quilts. I'm using a Chez Moi jelly roll from my stash.

Thanks for your showcase of WIPs!!!!

deb-1

Wendy B. from British Columbia, Canada
Blog: 
www.snippetsofaquilter.blogspot.com

I'm working on the Cobblestone Lane BOM quilt.

The fabrics are a mix but several are from Moda Howard Marcus Alliance collection.

 

Janet H. from West Jordan, UT

Working on a couple of great projects - -  Just finishing up with Schnibbles by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. Winter White pattern using Deb Strain's Summer Fun line from last year.  I only have the binding left to do for the 34"x34" table topper  Also, for a great couple adopting a baby from Wyoming, I'm finishing up a Mountain Valley Stitches pattern called "Baby Steps" (9-patches and half square triangles) using Exclusively Quilters fabric (I believe it's Harmonies or something similar - can't read it on the fabric - too smeared!).  Just really busy sewing up a storm! 

P.S.  I've made the "Winter White" pattern several times using Gobble, Gobble and Crazy Eight - both by Moda.  It's a great table topper pattern that you can use to make holiday or seasonal table toppers!

5 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow great wip's! Thanks Lani!!

Mrs. JP said...

How will you ever choose? I love the thought behind the quilt for the wounded soldier with the notes from the block makers. What a great idea and service to our heroes.

Cecilia e Helena said...

Thanks a million, I enjoyed very much to see my project among all these amazing wips!
Helena

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I totally scrolled through thinking, "OH, that's my favorite!" over all of those. Wow!
What a fun feature. I'll be back for more.

Carrie P. said...

wow, it is all so inspirational. Looks great ladies.